The 2023 edition of TV Key Facts, a combined magazine, database and event, marked a special anniversary for RTL AdAlliance. It’s been exactly 30 years since Freddy Tacheny, former CEO of IP Belgium and COO of RTL Belgium, came up with the idea of presenting the latest international trends in TV – a term we use at RTL Group when talking about Total Video.
During the live event on 7 December 2023, streamed from Groupe M6’s studios in Paris and hosted by TV presenter Louise Ekland, a panel of speakers discussed the most recent insights from RTL AdAlliance’s Total Video study.
- Stéphane Coruble, CEO of RTL AdAlliance, emphasised the importance of context and attention for brands and the need for premium content. He highlighted two key aspects of RTL AdAlliance’s future: simplicity and value. Simplifying the access to the global Total Video inventory while bringing value for publishers and clients.
- Jean-Baptiste Moggio, Senior Brand Director at RTL AdAlliance, shared several insights on Total Video viewing and explained key terms that are often used in the advertising industry.
- Aurélie Brunet de Courssou, Marketing Director at RTL AdAlliance, discussed the current trend of fragmentation and the challenges it poses for measurement. She concluded, nonetheless, that 2024 will be the year of measurement and mentioned Realytics’ BEE solution as a stellar example.
- Daniel Bischoff, CMO of RTL Ad Alliance, had a conversation with Josef Hallmann, VP Retail Marketing & Branding at Auto1 Group, about advertising use cases, the role of video in campaigns and the importance of creativity.
- Nadja Kriewald, International Reporter at NTV and Vox, joined the event live from Berlin. She discussed her work as a frontline reporter and shared insights on freedom of the press and journalists’ security in conflict zones.
The 30th edition of TV Key Facts summarises three decades of data and insights from across the globe, while looking ahead into the future. The articles in the magazine, which is available both online and in print, cover a range of topics from audience measurement solutions to the future of connected TV and a new programmatic buying ecosystem for European TV. Case studies from RTL Deutschland’s Data unit, Fremantle and ITV are also included.
Read the TV Key Facts magazine here.
The TV Key Facts database is RTL AdAlliance’s essential study on media and advertising. It is produced in collaboration with Europe’s major audiences and advertising data collection institutes and covers up to 33 countries. The facts and figures are centred around four key television and digital insights: consumption, content, device penetration and adspend.
Three key facts from 2022:
- 2 hours and 25 minutes was the average time spent watching TV worldwide per day
- More than 119 million TV spots were broadcast in Europe
- 63.2 per cent was the average daily reach for linear TV in Europe
Find out more about the database here.